I suggest you ...

Create several galleries!

If I'm not being dumb here, we can only create one gallery with several projects, right?

Well, it would be interesting to be able to create several galleries with several projects.

I work as a visual artist, which means that on my portfolio I would have a gallery for my photography work and another gallery for my design work. In each one I would have projects related to each of the topics (weddings, family, graphic design, web-design).

I'm working around for 2 days in order to figure out what is the best to do here, because I love this theme, and it has everything I want as a showcase page!

Thank you for the amazing work!

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Claudia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Touchfolio is really great it would be perfect if various galleries could be displayed in masonry style. Not just only one portfolio but various.

Does anybody have an solution for that?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So i separated my albums by category, then setup my main menu by categories. Well every album is being listed when you click on the menu item. So on menu the motion item should only have the 3 BG items listed under it. Why is it listing all albums? Site> www.my.rash.la

• Adam Skrobol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nelson: Your solution is obvious, super-easy and helped a lot, but I wonder if there is some possibility to display gallery category using masonry page style? Now when I enter gallery category it is using slider to show series of images, but I would like to browse categories using masonry style. Slider would be used only to show albums. Is it possible?

• joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Yes indeed I'm in the same situation as you are. I used the gallery categories but it's not helping. We need a deeper nested menu. I found an alternative solution. Here's the link to the result: josephthiery.com

And here's how I could make it work.

- I installed Custom Widget Area plugin and inserted in header.php :
        <?php if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) :
        endif; ?>
        just after <span class="menu-sep">&mdash;</span>
        <nav id="main-menu" class="menu">

I removed this line <p><?php _e('Primary menu is not selected and/or created. Please go to "Appearance &rarr; Menus" and setup menu.' ,'dsframework'); ?></p>

- Then I installed the plugin jQuery Vertical Accordion Menu
        - After that, I removed the menu from "Theme locations" (on the left side of the menu page) and made a menu with all sub elements, saved it.
        - Finally, I went into widget and added the jQuery Vertical Accordion Menu widget in the Header widget area.

That's it! Hope it can help.

Feedback and Knowledge Base