I suggest you ...

allow gallery to include full screen text content instead of just image

I'd like to be able to put regular html text content into my gallery, instead of just uploading images. But I absolutely love the keyboard left/right up and down action .. I just want to tell my "story" through that interaction, with a combination of photos and text.

Workaround is to export text slides from Fireworks and use them, but those are images and just not elegant.

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sandstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How did you do this using Fireworks? What file type are you using?

I'm trying to add an external link/hotspot to an image in the gallery, and wonder if it can be done this way?

• Bill Lascher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since I primarily write this would be an exciting addition. Moreover, Chris's idea of being able to do combined storytelling suggest people could have a lot of fun with this kind of addition.

• Troels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is tprobably the only thing I lack in the theme. Right now I have to do a lot of workarounds to get the results I want (text as image e.g.), but this would make everything perfect.

This would be an amazing change!

• lerone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah!
        - and indexing/searchability is also a strong aspect, when comparing to the workaround of inerting text-images :-}

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smart point @paul makes regarding this functionality is for the most part existent already in the royal slider (which I bought, too, hoping to perhaps just do everything within that).

So hopefully Dmitry see's the value there! :)

• lisikai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too - like the preliminary description on ther first picture. Would be very nice!

• Ouaibe LLiseil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I like the elegance and focus that TouchFOlio allows (for both the author and visitors) very much.

Implementing Chris proposal would add a lot IMHO: Imagine for a photo report or adding some explanations to projects' portfolios, and text being much better indexable (SEO) than media objects?

@Dmitri please let us know whether we may help or test e.g. Paul Beigang's idea.

• Paul Beigang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Chris,

i absolutely like your idea and would be glad to see this feature in the upcoming touchfolio theme version.

@Dmitry: What do you think about this idea? I think it would be a great improvement and a real benefit for a big (upcoming) user group.

As touchfolio already utilizes your royal slider script, which already supports "any html content", implementing the new feature should be a question of WordPress Backend representation, organisation and output of the "html slide" (instead of image/video).

My first idea was to extend the "image/video" picker underneath the content field to select WordPress Pages/Posts as well, like http://i.imgur.com/s6AlB.png .

Feedback and Knowledge Base