I suggest you ...

Create several Masonry Galleries

I'd like to create several Masonry Galleries. For every Gallery category a different one.

214 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marielle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • joez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

has anyone figured out how to get the masonry gallery to display the contents of the an album instead of just the gallery category thumb?

• joez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Valerie,
        instead of post_content, you could use post_title.
        then use the gallery cat you want to display as the title.

ie. if you have a category "sculpture", simply title the page "sculpture"

• Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have another question Andreas, you maybe encountered the same issue and solved it :
        if I don't want the categories names I wrote in the page content field to show on my site, I trick by applying on the text the same color as the background. Do you have any other solution ?

Thank you very much for your answer Andreas ! I'm ashamed, i was looking for something more difficult to find (in the code ;-). I'll try that, thx again ;-)

• andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Valerie,

if you create a new page in wordpress you have two input fields - one for the title, one for the content. The second one is the content field where you have to write the gallery category.

Hope this explanation serves you!
        Andreas

Hi Andreas, Hi everybody,
        Sorry to disturb, I've read the instructions you gave Andreas, it's as clear as crystal, but I feel dumb, I'm trying to build the new page (instruction #2), but I don't know how to make to "write in the content field of the page the categories you want to be shown" - what did I miss ? How do I do ? What is "the contente field of the page" ? Thx for your answer.

• andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Doug, this is a board for the theme Touchfolio by Dmitry Semenov, not for multiple galleries in general. The suggested solution might work only with the mentioned theme, probably not with yours. Sorry. And good luck!

• Doug Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, I found Andreas' post. I need to add my question. I am using the Monstroid theme by template monster and I want to add multiple portfolio galleries. How do I do this? I can create them on different pages, but they show the same categories on each page. Where do I start, please?

• Doug Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to create several Masonry Galleries. For every Gallery category a different one. I'm looking on your post but i don't see the comments from Andreas' .php. Any help please.

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try to apply Andreas' instructions to "ds-gallery-template.php" and you'll be surprised ))

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is this Gallery Categories Navigation Page Template which seems to do just that. The only thing i can not find out is how to set which gallery should be shown.

any ideas? thank you!

• Margie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok I need help with the Gallery Masonry page. I have read over the post a few times, and not sure where I have gone wrong. I have changed the PHP file to Andreas changes. I have created a page, and changed it to a "Masonry Gallery Page". I have a Gallery Category named: TOY DESIGN, and a few Galleries named: Preschool, Infant, etc. So in the Text field on the page I put, "Touchfolio"-"Preschool"-"Infant"-"TOY DESIGN"

when I go to the page, it just have "Touchfolio"-"Preschool"-"Infant"-"TOY DESIGN" written in grey letters at the top of the page. Am I not putting it in the right field on the page editor, or am I writing it out wrong?

• Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so dimitri is not looking into it?? this would be awesome! please include this!

• Virtus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it somehow possible to have 2 or 3 loops just with the categories?

I did everything andreasandreas wrote (thanks by the way!), so I have Masonry Galleries, but the problem is with the loops that there is one loop in fact (galleries are just a part of that loop), so during browsing throgh one category you jump to the next category not noticing that.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base