I suggest you ...

Show the Photo Caption

On the gallery, each photo should be have an option to show the description for every photo.

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andreas Humala shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SecretMachines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@peolpo I'm updating the descriptions, but the gallery is not displaying the correct caption with the correct image?

• peolpo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your wordpress dashboard go to Media library. In the edit section for every single image you can add a description. This description text will display in the top left-hand corner of your single image . It’s works for me although I don’t want to use it.

• Achim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PPS: i added

.album-name-indicator {
        display: none !important;
        }

to style-touchfolio-default.less. Now the faulty album name is not shown at least. I don't need it anyway for the moment.

PS: same on your site, Danai! www.danaiathanasoula.com

click Portfolio, opens album //FILMS AND STORIES
        click album title to see images title e.g. Il MANUALE DI NOI
        proceed to next album // DIARY
        album title is shown as Il MANUALE DI NOI instead of // DIARY

Hi, thank you @Razz! (http://code.collagecreative.net/add-individual-image-titlesdescriptions-to-touchfolio-theme/) Unfortunately i still experience weird behavior: when starting browsing through albums on a GALLERY PAGE after a vertical album change the tilte of this ALBUM (and all following ones) changes to the title of the last visible IMAGES title!

In case the 'Automatically open project description on first image of every album.' setting is switched off this images title is kept until you click what once was the galleries name, opening info box/image title.

This doest happen when i start from a Mansonry Gallery Page.

I could verify this behavior with a fresh install (wp3.8.1, touchfolio 0.8). the reason might be, that a Gallery Page, in Opposite to Mansonry Gallery Page, loads all albums at once, so browsing between albums does not induce page/code reload. I suppose that there is code missing, which in this case invokes the change to the new albums title, instead the last image title is kept, until it is overwritten with a new image title.

Unfortunately i don’t have the php knowledge to fix this, anybody? It would be great to have Gallery Page functionality. Although it has bigger loading weight it is so much more convenient to use on mobile devices (TOUCH :)

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have they added this feature? I am creating my website now and there is a "caption" when i'm editing each photo, but it's not showing up on the webpage when i enter the caption. Any ideas? I read the link to add it from collegecreative but i am in no way tech savvy enough to do that.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Danai,
        How did you manage to hide the "Next Project" text in your portfolio? I'm struggling!
        Thanks
        Anna

• Jared Meit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a definite must. I want to be able to talk about each of my paintings. Not just the album as a whole.
        Otherwise, I love this theme!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have looked around in the javascript but can't figure out how to always show the caption after it has been seen once before...

• Kicurro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to completely hide photo box. Is this theme compatible with YOAST SEO pack or other SEO plugins?

• Aditi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be great help if we are able to have a seperate description for every image rather than just one for all. :)

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to add text on each slide, rather than just the first slide of the project.

• Carmel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can have the comment be open for the first image by default. You do this by going into the Touchfolio-Gallery settings and checking "auto open project description".

Feedback and Knowledge Base